Energy Assistance Program
The Energy Assistance Program helps pay for home heating and water costs and furnace repairs for income-qualified households.
What is the Energy Assistance Program
- The Energy Assistance Program (EAP) is a federally funded program
- Grants are paid directly to your energy provider, or utility company, for your bill.
- Grants range from $300 - $2,000
- Grants are available to renters and homeowners.
- Grants are based on energy cost, household size, and income.
- Grants may be given to households with income at or below 60 percent of the state media income.
How can we help?
- Payment of energy bills.
- Payment of water/wastewater bills.
- Help with utility disconnection or fuel deliveries.
- Education on efficient and safe use of energy.
- Advocacy with energy suppliers and human service providers.
- Repair or replacement of homeowners' broken heating systems.
How do I apply?
Applications for the 2021-2022 heating season are now available
Please note: Applications must be submitted through your EAP provider.
STEP 1. Find your EAP provider (for help call 1-800-657-3710) STEP 2. Contact your EAP providers and request an application OR Download a PDF application OR Request an application by mail using the form below STEP 3. Return your completed application to your EAP provider.