- Students receiving two (2) detentions in one school day will receive one (1) day of In-School Suspension.
- The first detention will remain a detention and the second detention will turn into ISS on the following school day.
- Students will not be allowed cell phones, tablets, or other devices that provide entertainment.
- Upon receiving a detention, the student will call parents/guardian with the staff that issued the detention as well as an additional staff member (a certified staff member will always be included during this time).
- Students receiving five (5) detentions per one (1) semester will receive one (1) day of In-School Suspension.
- Students that skip detention will receive an additional detention to be made up on consecutive dates.
- Staff may issue assignments to be completed during detention.
- On the day of serving detention the student is not allowed to leave the school and then return to the school to serve the detention.
Regarding In-School Suspension:
- Students will be separated from the general population for the school day in its entirety.
- Student will receive a sack lunch provided by the school with mandated nutritional requirements.
- Student will receive a bottle of water to drink throughout the school day.
- Student will be escorted to and from the bathroom.
- Student will not be allowed cell phones, tablets, or other devices that provide entertainment.
- Parents will receive formal written notification of In-School Suspension